Getting StartedAn overview of what I will need from you to get started and what the web design process will entail.
1. What I need to get started
High res JPG or PNG
Your hosting account login.
An administrator login to your current WordPress site (if this a redesign).
Current and/or new images that you would like to use on your new site.
Page content and any updated copy/information for the site.
Brand style guide, colors or any specific design requirements.
These items should be uploaded to your folder at Google Drive. You will receive an invitation to the folder and instructions via email.
2. Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud based file storage system that we’ll be using to share files, documents and reviews/feedback throughout the web design process. This will help to avoid content and images getting lost in long email threads. You will receive an email invitation to a shared Google Drive folder for your website content.
3. The design process
Designing a website, no matter how big or small, is an extensive process that can be overwhelming. I’ve outlined my process into 3 steps:
1. Layout & Design – A large and time consuming part of designing a website is in the planning and layout stage of the process. I’ll create the sitemap (Page/Menu hierarchy) of the website for approval first, then I’ll design the home page and a sub page (or more upon request) for approval.
2. Development – Once the site layout and design is approved, I’ll move forward with designing the entire site, pages and add all functionality and plugins. We’ll make sure your site looks great and functions nicely across all devices and web browsers before moving to the final step.
3. Edits & Revisions – Once the site is ready for final review, you’ll be able to review each page and we can make detailed edits until the site is revised completely. I ask that you please review ALL pages to make sure all spelling, grammar, addresses and information are correct before going live.
4. Wrapping up and going live
Once the site is ready to go live, all unnecessary plugins, pages, images and backend files will be removed. The new site will be backed up and saved locally, should it ever need to be restored. Once live, please allow 24-48 hours for propagation to occur. Some computers will need to be refreshed in order to see the new site, though most computers will see the new site immediately depending on the wifi connection.
Your website logins and all credentials will be sent to you via email. Though your logins and passwords will be saved locally, PLEASE SAVE ALL LOGINS FOR YOUR RECORDS AS WELL.
Upon completion, you’ll receive a link to my “moving forward” process where you’ll receive tips and tricks on marketing your new website.